DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Serves as direct youth supervisor with responsibility for the safety, personal conduct, care, and therapy of the youth.
· Provides eyes-on/ears-on supervision of youth; implements group and individual treatment plans.
· Maintains security in buildings, grounds, and other posts; intervenes during emergencies or altercations to maintain physical control of youth.
· Supervises, counsels and implements natural consequences to youth according to facility policy and procedures.
· Supervises movement of youth inside and outside the facility; takes periodic counts of youth.
· Supervises youth in a residential juvenile justice facility in the performance of activities and during recreational and various other program activities; (i.e. school, homework, arts, phase activities, independent living, religious etc.).
· Conducts personal and facility searches for contraband and facility inspections for health and safety hazards.
· Assume the responsibility of successfully taking AMAP, passing the course and administering medication as needed.
· Assume the responsibility for successfully taking and passing the designated crisis management and physical safety intervention technique training (including any refresher and recertification trainings and examinations)
· Successfully completes all required trainings
· Preparing meals for the youth as needed (primarily on weekends and mornings as well as when the cook is out)
· Interacts critically and constructively with other staff members to develop and implement successful treatment techniques.
· Develops effective relationships with youth, co-workers, and treatment team members.
· Assists youth with their personal issues and refers issues to the group in accordance with the principles of the program.
· Observes and keeps staff informed daily of significant behavioral conditions known about an individual and/or the group.
· Assists in preparing reports regarding each youth’s adjustment and progress.
· Prepare log entries and reports in a timely manner in accordance with program requirements.
· Escorts and/or transports youth to predetermined locations.
· Prevent any acts of physical aggression by youth towards other residents and staff.
· Exercises judgment and discretion in the performance of duties within departmental rules, regulations, and policies.
· Attends weekly team meetings.
· Participate in the Advocate program.
· Performs other related work as assigned.